Family Business Advising
Type of Client Firms Served: Dr. Daniel provides services for both active family enterprises, and families with estate difficulties.
Active Family Enterprises Served
Firms typically range in size from $4M to $200M in annual revenues. Ownership and leadership may be held either by the founder, or a members of a succeeding generation; ownership and leadership may be contemplated for multiple generations, or sibling or cousin partnerships.
- High-tech manufacturing and distribution
- Heavy equipment sales leasing, repair and financing
- Restaurant & food distribution
- Resorts and hotels
- Franchise service businesses
- Real-estate development and property management firms
Dr. Daniel has assisted families and individuals with estates ranging from $2M to $1B where there has been conflict between family members regarding the disposition of an estate, including pre-planning, in-process, and estates post-distribution. Conflicts resolved include:
- Redistribution to heirs due to defective trusts (unintentional type)
- Prenuptial agreements
- Pre-divorce agreements
- Problematic generation skipping trusts
Click for more information about Mediating Estate Conflicts